Alekh Verma 4 Easy Content Hacks for Effective Lead Generation … Wow-Score collecting now The Wow-Score shows how engaging a blog post is. It is calculated based on the correlation between users’ active reading time, their scrolling speed and the article’s length. Learn more 4 Easy Content Hacks for Effective Lead Generation
Imagine logging onto Google Analytics to excitedly find out you have received thousands of hits this week. Then, logging onto your back-end system to realize that out of the thousands of visitors, less than expected converted to buyers. All of that excitement goes away in the blink of an eye as you are left asking yourself “What am I doing wrong?”
Let’s think of your website as a house on the open market, and you are the real estate agent. Potential buyers will be in and out of the home, but how many will you close the deal with?
1. It All Starts At Your Front Door
In one split second, the front door (homepage) of your website can lead buyers away and right to the house down the street. Your homepage is the page of your website that is visited the most from social media links, search engines, referring sites, and more. Here are a few questions to ask yourself right now:
- Can the visitor decipher your product/service within a few seconds?
- Does your homepage host testimonials as “proof” of your quality?
- Are there at least two defined call-to-actions with buttons?
- Is there a form to collect names and emails for your newsletter?
- Are some of your recent or most popular blog posts visible, with links?
If you answered no to any of these questions, take a moment and make a few changes to check everything off of the homepage essentials list.
2. Powerful Headlines to Draw Interest
A great headline always includes a strong verb and at least one "describing" word. Some examples of strong verbs are:
Some examples of describing words are:
The headline “We create website buzz” doesn’t offer much information about your business. It is also plain and boring. The buyer may be asking “Does this company market websites? Write content? Offer graphic design?”. The above headline can be easily rebuilt into, “We Engage Your Visitors with Mindblowing Website Content”. This new headline explains the services you offer, how good you are, and how your services will help their customers.
Take a look at your headings on every page of your website and be sure to include strong verbs and at least one supplementary, describing word.
3. Sealing the Deal with Compelling CTA’s
CTA’s (call-to-actions) should be displayed on every page of your online home, even the FAQ or terms & conditions pages. When a potential buyer is done reviewing one page, it shouldn’t take them more than a few seconds to have the ability to take an action. Here are some examples of call-to-actions:
- Homepage links to the About page – “Who is behind the greatness?”
- Homepage links to the blog – “Valuable Info from Experienced…”
- About page links to the Services page – “What we can offer you…”
- Blog page links to newsletter sign-up – “Receive a free guide!”
- Blog page links to share – “Spread my knowledge with your friends.”
- Services page links to the Portfolio – “Testimonials from past projects.”
- Portfolio links to the Contact page – “Are you ready to boost visitors?”
- Contact page links to other social media – “Find us elsewhere…”
When these assets are clearly written and easy to find, the user will enjoy a seamless website experience.
4. Create a Blog / Newsletter Powerhouse
Your newsletter can be compromised of your blog posts of the week, business news, informational tips & tricks, sales, and a reminder of your business’ services in general.
While every page of your website should include a newsletter sign-up form, it should be most emphasized on the home and blog page within CTA’s.
Offering an incentive to click the subscribe button is one of the most effective hacks to gain newsletter subscribers. By awarding your subscribers with free guides, short ebooks or exclusive sales to your product/service, they will be persuaded to subscribe.
Now, It Is Your Turn
Are you serious about building better strategies for lead generation? Conduct a full review of your website today, keeping in mind the hacks and tips mentioned above. Even an action as simple as rewriting a headline on your homepage can make a huge difference, and help you obtain more leads.
SEO & Marketing 101Read the original article here